View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #28
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Mgmueller, if an Android device crashes every day there definitely is something wrong with it. During the last 2 weeks I only had the Streak freeze-up on me once (had to remove the battery). And that was a clear problem with the Skyfire browser it got stuck and the phone stopped responding.

My guess is that you have one or more problem apps on the phone. Try disabling or removing some of the non-essential ones one by one. Try alternative apps that do the same thing. Or perhaps you installed some system tweaks that are causing the shutdowns. I am now using an app called autostarts that lets you prevent programs from starting up by themselves if you don't want to. Dozens of Android apps have the pesky habit of starting and restarting all the time, no matter how often you close them down they will be back up seconds later -- eating your battery and using up program memory. There is no "regular" means to control them.

One physical problem the Streak has is that there is a proximity sensor that shuts off the phone when the back cover has been removed. Now if the cover is just slightly bent (it is quite thin and if you change batteries often it happens), the phone may reboot by itself quite easily. There are instructions available on how to disable that proximity switch, I just straightened the cover a little bit and haven't had a problem since. The user ROM from Steve has disabled the switch from the software side.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote