View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
bummer it seems a bit like they were not ready for serious promotion with the idea of online bloggers and such at the event. Even Engadgets comments are as weak as could be...more like an announcement than a real live demo to the world.

Basically I don't know anymore now than before this event...maybe this is because I missed something or the media folks simply haven't had the time today to get their observations out to the world.

I did find it odd that the guy in the video kept a death grip on the reader. I suppose they did make an announcement that the devices on hand were not using the finale panel and had glass overlays or is it the substrate that is still glass?

It is nice and looks OK, but so far the Skiff seems to look better...need to see a live side by side comparision under the same lighting and conditions.

One thing that video form Engadget seems to show is the ambient lighting has a serious affect on the perceived contrast of a reader and it's even more obvious on a larger format reader.

All in all, the Skiff does look more polished...gotta wait longer as this was as close to a non-announcement as you can get, feels like iRex or Hanlin all over again. Here is hoping Nate got some more face time with the PL reader...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote