View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The option "I don't need more space internally" is missing. I'm nearly at the end of my warranty, so that wouldn't worry me. The point of that option is gauging your market and why.

You might have problem with the Touch. I assume you are planning to replace the internal SD card. If so, the early models of the Touch had hard-wired memory. I think some of the later versions have an internal SD card, but I don't know when that started or how to tell the difference.
I can't edit the poll, but I don't mind too much. None of the factors that would keep customers away are within my control, so I just need to see a rough estimate of the number of users that would be interested in this sort of thing.

Really, I assume that it's most useful on a Vox where internal and external storage have different uses and where media will much more quickly fill that space. However, I've had people who have enjoyed the upgrade on other devices as it increases the maximum storage space you can get without swapping cards out. While some people load books on one at a time and take them off when they're done, others like to have their entire collection with them. The other advantage is faster read/write speeds which can make a difference loading and saving content on certain models.

As for early Touch models having soldered memory, I've not seen that on any model but the original but I suppose if that's true there may be some rare devices that I couldn't upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by jefftheworld; 10-23-2012 at 12:30 AM.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote