Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #153
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
You may find it comforting (or perhaps only alarming) that I am a daily user of WordStar, whose 7D iteration I purchased as I recall in 1991.

Indeed, if Sigil were still under development, I would love to see the WS "diamond" implemented there. I was always a good typist, but I didn't become a whiz until I discovered WordStar in 1982, in its CPM lifestyle.

As matters stand, I have two comparatively new Windows 7 32 bit machines that run both WordStar and Sigil wonderfully well, and I figure they are good for at least five and maybe ten years.
Is this version of Wordstar already for Windows 3.x, or is it still the DOS version? If it's the latter, you can basically run it on anything that runs DOSBox

If it's the Windows 3.x version, you'll need to stick with Windows 7 32-bit, as the 64-bit version has no support for 16-bit code.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote