View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I wonder if Macmillan's dropping DRM (at least at their Tor subsidiary) has affected the sales ratio, or if it's just too late now.
Hard to say, but I'd guess not much has changed. The announced Tor ebook store never materialized and with Agency there's been no reason to shop elsewhere if you were already happy with your vendor. With the end of Agency Amazon is often either the cheapest or price matching the cheapest seller so again if you're happy buying there already there's not much reason to switch. Plus Amazon offers other benefits such as Whispersync for Voice discounts on a lot of Audible titles for Kindle version owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Also, I think the article is wrong in claiming that Amazon was selling all new hardcovers at a $9.99 price point during the wholesale pricing era. I recall they were only doing that for the NYT Best Seller list books, and the rest were selling at or above cost.
It wasn't even all the NYT Bestsellers, just a lot of them. They always made an overall profit from their eBook sales.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 07-03-2013 at 12:16 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote