Thread: iPad iPad Glare Question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:07 PM   #15
shiffy
shiffy doesn't littershiffy doesn't litter

Device: DR800SG
I found screen reflection to be an issue in certain conditions too -- always outside and sometimes inside, depending on the lights. I have an anti-glare screen protector and it does the trick for me. I find the reflection not significantly different than on the Irex 800 that I had for a few weeks (it froze up and instead of sending me a replacement, I got a full refund that I was going to use for a new one, but that was the weekend the iPad came out and I couldn't resist once I tried it.) The Irex without a screen protector may have been slightly better, but not very different. I find the iPad with the screen protector to be much better with respect to reflections than the Sony Daily Reader I looked at. The main difference is in bright sun, where the Irex was great and the iPad with my screen protector only passable. I have the Steinhall Anti-Fingerprint screen protector which I like very much. I also tried one from Power Support, which also was good, but I prefer the Steinhall as it does a better job at reducing reflections while still maintaining clarity (in a matte finish). The Power Support has even less loss of clarity, but it is a bit more reflective. Before ruling out the iPad, I would see if you can find someone with a good anti-glare screen protector on their iPad who will let you try it out.
shiffy is offline   Reply With Quote