Thread: iPad iPad Glare Question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #1
M_Agnum
Bezos > Jobs
M_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-booksM_Agnum has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
iPad Glare Question

Let me start off by saying I am looking for a reader for both books and a technical documents/PDFs. At first, the iPad seemed like the perfect choice, given it's PDF handling capabilities and large, fast and interactive screen. The only really downside was the price. Heck, people even told me the screen was as easy on your eyes as e-ink. I had no reason not to believe them.

However, I wanted to test it out many times before I made the decision, so I went into the local Apple store and the University book store several times to try them out.

I found that the iPad made reading nearly impossible for me. Even with the brightness all the way up, the glare was just too distracting. I tried to read some ebooks and PDFs and I would find myself just being distracted or annoyed by the ever present glare. In fact, I found my iPhone is a better reading solution.

So, my question for all of you, is how do you deal with the glare? Does it not bother you, did you get an anti-glare film, or something else?
M_Agnum is offline   Reply With Quote