View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 03:03 AM   #25
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Yes, I think you have made some good points there Caleb, especially the way in which a regime can continue in power because most people just want to get by rather than stand up to it. And I doubt that I personally would have the courage to stand up to the Russian regime, then or now.

I think all the way through Razumov was wanting to confess what he had done - he kept going to the brink of doing so and then pulling back. (Again, the echo of Crime and Punishment) and he could not bear to continue the lie any longer in the face of Natalia's trust of him as her brother's supposed friend.

I was disappointed that I found it all a bit turgid. But still, I'm glad that we chose it as there are interesting themes to think about.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote