View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #16
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Thanks for that Belle. I wasn't imagining it after all! The other thing that I omitted to say in terms of reminding me of Crime and Punishment was the violence, for example where Razumov beat the drunken peasant.

(I should also confess that I hated Crime and Punishment and only stuck with it because it was a set text. So it sounds as if I'm in sympathy with Conrad, at least about Dostoievsky.)
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote