View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #146
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The iPad mini has 7.9" screen at 1024*768 pixels = 162 ppi. That's not particularly impressive for reading. It looks nice, but screen wise it is a year behind the Fire HD and similar 7" tablets with their 215 ppi resolution. It is certainly a good choice for those wanting a smaller iPad for web surfing, etc. I don't think it will be very good as an eBook reader though. I suspect the iPad mini 2 will have retina and then it will be a terrific reader.

I just ordered the Fire HD as my night reader. The iPad mini just doesn't do it for me, especially at $329. And the Nexus 7 just doesn't have the Kindle reader app's bells and whistles that come with the Fire HD. Since the Fire HD will only be used for reading, it seems like my best option for now.
Let me know how you like it. I plan to get mine around my Birthday. I had originally plan to get it in a couple weeks but thanks to my doctors I now have to use that money as copay for a procedure instead.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote