View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 03:01 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It is specifically having pictures in an RTF file which makes it large. Each pixel in the image ends up as several ASCII characters in the RTF. Adding a 100kb JPG image to an RTF file commonly makes the RTF file 2-3MB larger. Some of the Dickens books I've created have 70 or so pictures - imagine what that would do to the RTF .

No, I'm not particularly "passionate" about LRF files - I no longer even own a Sony Reader (although I used to) - but I do genuinely believe that, for the Sony Reader, LRF is by far the best choice for "reading" format, and we are lucky enough to have a number of excellent tools for creating LRF files - "BookDesigner" and "libprs500" to name but two, both of which have been created by members of this board.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote