View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hi boradicus, and welcome to MobileRead.

RTF files sizes:
I'll have to disagree with you on the size of RTF files. They're huge. Harry and I (among others), routinely convert (read: lovingly assemble) LRF files for the Sony upload section.

Photos that enhance one's reading experience:
Additionally, the absence of photos is a downside to having RTF files on the Sony Reader. Check out Harry's work on Charles Dickens: In my opinion, these are commercial-grade assembled books, with beautiful illustrations and presented in a format that puts Sony's classics to shame.

When I make available novels from old pulps or old paperbacks, I often like to add old cover photos. I find they add to the reading and/or presentation of what's going to be read.

Links to chapter headings:
Having links - on the Reader and not on the computer - is a very utilitarian advantage over RTF. Frankly, Sony's support for RTF is rather poor.

No one's mad:
We're all passionate, and I think that's where most of us are coming from.

Welcome:
Let me again welcome you to this Forum and to MobileRead. Your comments are thoughtful and are appreciated.

Respectfully,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote