View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 AM   #9
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The old Kobo models have bugs that have never been fixed. Does the new Kobo have bugs? Does the new nook have bugs?
No software carved in rock. Even openvms happens to fail in a decade or more.

Quote:
Let others be the beta testers and report in before deciding to do anything.
Call it "user who likes to have new features".

Quote:
So if there is a problem or a bug you cannot live with, don't buy until such time as the issue(s) has been fixed.
In a time when people use internet, there is no place to hide those features. At
least, this forum will notify you. It is not a small fortune. Even I would get new
reader somewhere at the end of the year, spite I'm fully happy with my first ver-
sion device.

Quote:
What problems will the new nook & Kobo have? Will there be a touch/sans-physical keyboard Kindle with ePub? What will Sony do? These are questions we have no answer to and if you have a good enough reader, wait.
Wrong. That way you will wait whole life. There will always be better reader
next year/century.

Quote:
By the time Sony (they've released new devices in October) should announce a new line of Readers, we'll know about bugs/fixes/etc. for the new nook & Kobo.
Reflashing should be easier, if kobo finds wifi good enough to upgrade such a
way. I reflash almost every electronic device, including music player, router...
My only concern is how long new device would process loaded files, since I have
them a lot now.
Best regards all.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote