View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
So is this new Kobo worth buying?

I am a previously contented Sony 650 owner. It's a great device and I thought the best of the bunch until I heard about this new Kobo. Sony's reader is great but it's lack of wifi, syncing across different apps is starting to hurt it. I like the fact that the kobo can do these things as well as have stuff like stats and achievements (I had no idea!) and sharing. Of course the price doesn't hurt either. I think I paid about $290 tax included for my Sony 650 and cover last Christmas-ouch!
I just downloaded the kobo app for the iphone and had a lot of fun with it although it seemed a little sluggish and the only way to get other non-kobo stuff onto it seems to be through i-tunes which is a non-starter for me. How will content be accessed with the actual reader itself. Will I be able to upload non-kobo content (books, instapaper, calibre recipes) wirelessly and simply? Or will I still have to connect to calibre directly to get that kind of stuff?

How about the hardware itself? Is Kobo ereader (the previous version) fairly reliable?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote