View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #14
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
I personally am immensely skeptical that anyone would shell out US$800-$1000 for a huge notebook-sized e-ink appliance that is annoying to lug around and can't consume anything other than e-print media, UNLESS the user needs it for their day job, in which case the pen is essential. I mean, a "magazine reader", for serious? Are they going to market this just to rock stars, drug dealers and multinational CEOs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
"E-Magazine - about half the weight of Apple Inc.'s iPad - is made especially for professionals to read magazines or documents with color charts, Lee said."

Translation: they're going after the Corporate market at $1000+, just like Brother.

"Delta's Lee said the company hopes to develop in two to three years particle-based displays that can display sharper colors like magazine pages, instead of the more shady colors its e-Magazine now displays."

Translation: Still not as saturated as an LCD panel.

Not a consumer product.
Not going very far.
To me if it is light and fits in a totebag or a briefcase, I wouldn't find it annoying to lug around. even though I'm not sure that it is a device that I would be taking everywhere with me, like my Sony. I am a consumer, and I find it a very desirable product! Have they even said anything about price?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote