View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I was in one of the Granddaddies of on-line writing workshops, the Compuserve SF SIG Workshop, run by Sasha Miller. It was very informative and I learned a lot both from Sasha and the other participants. Can't say that I learned all that much from her assistant, whose name escapes me. He was a "D" level SF writer who thought he was Harlan Ellison's upcoming replacement. He once told me "I get really tired fo reading untalented writing, but get especially tired of reading un-funny untalented writing." I dropped out after that.

I've developed a much thicker skin since then, and have also taken loads of psychotherapy courses wherein I can now envision the cutting remarks that I did not have in stock back then. Such as, "How do you ever get up to writing in the mornings, then?"

Anyway, that obviously painful memory aside, I felt that the experience was useful.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote