View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I believe most PW battery use cycle estimates are WAY over estimated. The only way to measure the PW properly is by use of an Excel spreadsheet with individual reading sessions entered. I really doubt that 99.99% ever bother measuring it that way.

I did that for three cycles and got 10 hours with WiFi on and 12 hours with WiFi off. Obviously, I did NOT use that method for all the other cycles.

With the KFHD the only accurate method is by use of the GSam Battery Monitor. I doubt the vast majority do that either. Using that method for my KFHD7-32 I get 5.5 hours with WiFi on and 7 hours with WiFi off. The Screen Usage number right before a recharge would be the critical number.

Last edited by sirmaru; 01-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote