View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
flueterflam
flueterflam began at the beginning.

Device: none
Do not want plus sign (+) getting converted to space when saving to disk

I tried finding the answer to this, but mostly found things pertaining to splitting multiple authors. If you happen to know that I missed a post on this, please point me in the right direction!

In the columns and metadata, the authors are being split by ampersands (&). This is all fine and dandy. However, I really hate how they look in the filenames for books/papers. Instead, I generally use the plus sign (+) and no spaces between the authors' last names. Example:

Sakel+Everett_-_Linguistic_Fieldwork_(2012)

I actually have the template set up perfectly in the "Saving books to disk" preferences. Here is what I got:

Code:
{author_sort:'re(re($,"\,.*\&\s?","+"),"\,.*$","")'}
I made a new column with this and the file name looks perfect! However, when I attempt to save to disk with this exact same template, there is some type of processing taking place between this template and the filename being written. What happens is that the plus sign (+) gets replaced with a space (or underscore, if I select the "replace spaces with underscores" option).

I looked around, tried changing various options that seemed even remotely related, and got no results. The plus sign (+) is valid ASCII, and it is also valid for filenames on Windows and Linux (not sure about Mac). So, there is no need to force this to change...

Does anyone know where I can look for an option/regex that is causing this?

Thanks!

Last edited by flueterflam; 01-05-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Added example of filename
flueterflam is offline   Reply With Quote