View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #331
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needlehawk View Post
Since the series info was only in the metadata.opf file
As explained by kiwidude the metadata.opf file is only used for database recovery in the event of a corrupt or lost database.

Quote:
I assumed that Calibre only changes the .opf file in the EPUB itself when I send/backup the file. Is this not true?
This is true. The content.opf file in the ePub is only updated by calibre when a book is exported from calibre. Send to device and Save to disk are two examples of books being exported from calibre. When these features are used the metadata in the epub being exported is updated by the data in calibre's database (retained in the metadata.db file) as it is exported from calibre.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what does the "update metadata" option do?
The update metadata function updates the content.opf file in the ePub with the metadata from calibre's database without the book actually being exported from calibre's library.

Quote:
I thought that it probably merged the metadata.opf files and content.opf files. Is that not true?
No it is not true. It is easy to understand how you might assume this to be the case until someone like kiwidude tells you that this is not the case. Since kiwidude already explained that this file is for database recovery only ......

I hope this helped.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote