View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #13
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
When I try to add said PDF, it will not read the pdfinfo metadata, which can be seen if I open it with a pdf reader. Which means I have to manually change every single PDF and that kind of defeats the purpose of using metadata and thus, Calibre.
I was trying to find reasons why your pdf metadata wasn't being read. It apparently boils down to some incompatability between the way you create your internal pdf metadata and the library used by Calibre to read it.
As Kovid has said in connection with another PDF metadata problem:
Quote:
That bug is in the PDF library that calibre uses to set PDF metadata. Unfortunately, I don't know of any library that manages to set or for that matter even read PDF metadata with 100% success.
It looks like your problem is similar. I believe Calibre uses PoDoFo to parse and manipulate PDF metadata. I know PoDoFo was updated recently, and the new code was brought into Calibre to fix other issues with that library. If you decide your pdf metadata format is valid and PoDoFo is failing, you may want to make a bug report to them:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/podofo/
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote