View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkitow View Post
Hi there! As the title says, I'm thinking about updating my Kindle, but I got it jailbroken, with a screensaver and expanded symbol pannel hacks. Can I just update, or should I uninstall the hacks and jailbreak first?
You will probably have to un-install the screensaver changes.
You might have to un-install the symbol panel changes.
Leaving the jailbreak on the device **should** be alright.

I would suggest that you just try to install the Amazon update, following their directions.
If it succeeds, great, your done.
If it fails with an error code (it probably will) then it is time to start removing your changes.

If the screensaver changes was something that you "did by hand" from various posts found on the 'net - - -
Then we have a "how to" indexed in the master index of how to remove it "by hand".

Otherwise, just run the uninstaller from each package you added until the Amazon update completes without an error code.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote