Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #1188
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
OK, I installed the patch successfully. I'm on a Paperwhite 5.3.3. One of the features I'm most interested in is using multiple dictionaries. I have 3 items in the Dictionaries collection that was created automatically in my KPW. When I tap and hold on a word, however, I onl get the definition from one of the dictionaries, the stock New Oxford American Dictionary. I also have the WorldNet 3 dictionary and thesaurus - How do I get my PW to show definitions from that?

ETA: I also tried to make the default margin smaller - changed 50 to 60 - but nothing seems to have happened. My screen looks just the same as always.
Did you restart the framework after making changes? You usually have to even for the smallest change. It is a option in JBPatch, third tab, bottom - restart framework. Also to make the margins smaller, you have to decrease the number as the number says how many pixel of white is there before the text starts.

Edit: forgot to add, if you change margins, you might have to open the aA menu once after a restart and select a different setting, and back to where you want to be. Sometimes when you change the margins from 50-100-150 to say 25-50-75, then as the margins were at 50 before for the smallest setting, the PW sees that, and sees the middle option as closest and your setting might end up at 50 for the new middle.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 02-02-2013 at 04:28 PM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote