View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:15 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Another example: I have a well defined main paragraph style (I tag it only with the letter p). Out of this one, I created many others with just a small difference: either indent, or margin, or font-style, or font-size...
That's how I do it. I like being able to browse through the code, and see at a glance, the plain-jain, every-day paragraphs. And conversely, when I see a 'p' with a class name, I know that something "special" in the way of formatting must be going on there.

I think what you're running into is ebooks that are being generated as opposed to ebooks being built. With programs such as calibre or other automated generation programs, the "every tag a class, every class/every parameter" approach makes logical, programmatic sense. The exact same code must work for every situation--every book every paragraph--, after all. But it certainly does't make as much sense (aesthetically anyway) when lovingly hand-crafting an ePub.

I don't see Sigil exacerbating this in any way, though... or is this just a general ePub styling discussion?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote