View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
Apparently, I am one of the exceptions along with Bookworm_Girl that proves the rule.

I downloaded the Overdrive app for the first time yesterday to my 3rd gen iPod touch and successfully checked out books from 3 of the 4 digitial libraries I have access to. No crashes as of this posting.

The reader itself is very bare bones and definitely lacks the refinement and bells and whistles of either Stanza or Bluefire. However, it does do what nothing else has done yet; namely, allow me down directly download DRM'ed books from Overdrive libraries without going through my desktop PC first.

I hadn't heard of LibraryBIN before so I checked out the website. Looks interesting; however, it does not appear to be an Overdrive related site. The Overdrive app is definitely for use with the Overdrive digitial libraries at this point.

One thing I do like about the Overdrive reader is notations on the bottom of the screen. I could take or leave the slider bar, but the note on how many pages are left in the chapter on the lefthand side and the page identification on the righthand side (i.e. 159 of 258) are both kinda cool.

Last edited by Illinifan; 12-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote