View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
Rafaelo4
Sky Plane Dweller
Rafaelo4 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Calibre doesnt remember (Title.Author,Series,Metadata) changes?!

I am really dumbfound what to do since this is something I havent really expected.

I traded some ebooks with a friend and I received number of books in EPUB format.

I imported them into calibre and I changed metadata (title,author,series) on some books.

Example:

Title:

01 Canticle (I changed to) Forgotten Realms : The Cleric Quintet 01 - Canticle

Author's:

Forgotten Realms (I changed to) R.A. Salvatore

Series:

The Cleric Quintet (I changed to ) Forgotten Realms : The Cleric Quintet

I opened/closed calibre many time as it took me almost a week to do this with about 100 books.

Then today I opened one of books folder (in calibre database) and I copied the ebook that was inside to my desktop.I imported the same book to calibre using "Add Books" icon but when calibre imported the book ALL the changes I made to this particular book (Title,Author's,Series) went back to its original state before my changes......meaning my title that I changed to be:

Forgotten Realms : The Cleric Quintet 01 - Canticle

went back to:

01 Canticle

I am very frustrated by this and if Kovid or anyone else can please explain to me what I did wrong and why calibre doesnt save when I change Metadata.Also when I press "View" button inside calibre to open the book, front page always shows old Title,Series...etc not the new one that I changed it too....

Any help is much appreciated...
Rafaelo4 is offline   Reply With Quote