View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haqqax View Post
1) Lack of djvu support (I expected that 3rd party plugins will be available)
I thought there were some available, just not for the beta firmware. I could be wrong though, I don't follow the djvu support closely since it isn't a format that I need. It might be that they're still working on it.

Quote:
2) PDFs going into landscape mode do not have "fit width" view - the text is even smaller than in normal portrait view. I do not see an option anywhere to enable fit-width zoom.
Yep, there's been discussion with iRex developers about this in other threads on the forum. If my memory is right, I think they said they were going to add it?

Quote:
3) Nowhere do I see instructions on how to add new fonts in the device - chinese epubs do not work, and I do not plan to embed huge fonts in every document.
I'm pretty sure there have been a couple threads showing how to add fonts. I'd have to go find them, but if you look through the site you may be able to find them too.

Quote:
4) No margins crop in PDFs?
Nope. That's one feature that is lost in the new Adobe based viewers. I think iRex said that the Adobe library doesn't have a margin crop feature? I'm not 100% sure on that though, it's been a while since it was talked about. You should be able to do a selection zoom to crop the margins though.

Quote:
5) Changing memory extension card requires a screwdriver
Yeah. Kind of a pain if you need to swap the cards a lot. I would expect though that most people will just get a big card and not really change it.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote