View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Calibre does not produce good FB2 files - I've examined a few manually and there is markup that just doesn't make sense. Lumps of text not surrounded by <p></p> where the context clearly indicates that it is part of a paragraph is just one example. To be fair FB2 is a new format for Calibre and it probably needs a bit of work.

As far as size goes I don't think it is a "format" issue as such. Using stock Hanlin software with Coolreadre as the FB2 parser I have some large FB2s that bomb out and others, larger, that display o.k (albeit very slow to respond). I think, though, that it's fair to say that FB2 is not ideal for large files.

BobC