View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Well, it's bit of off-topic. But I am curious about this issue.
Is it real? Do you have any evidence or reliable info to support such saying? Most of the time, I use my iLiad until the battery icon turns to total white. It's been more than 18 months. Maybe it takes some more time for my iLiad to encounter its destiny.

I know that charging and dis-charging will cause the battery to expand and shrink a little bit. But under normal circumstances, the change in size should be within the tolerable limitation of the specification.
It is supposedly a feature of Li-Ion that they have a maximum number of Recharge cycles (I believe something like 500), after which they will have deteriorated beyond a useful charge. If you search the forums (I'm afraid I'm a bit too busy to look up the actual threads) you'll see this being confirmed by different people. Anyway, the upshot should be that if you recharge the battery every time it reaches, say, 50%, you should be doubling the effective lifetime of the battery.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote