View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #96
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
But what I really suspect is that the screen looks really white *when the light is used*. It's already the case that pearl screen in sunlight look noticeably whiter than they do under a reading light less bright than the sun, so my theory is that there is some aspect of the frontlighting that brings out the whiteness of the screen and maybe enhances the contrast as well.
Good point whether the blog post is legitimate or not. I thought briefly about that aspect, too, but was more excited about the idea of an overall improvement.

And I did observe after posting that later reviews not only failed to notice the improvement in the T2 but made a point of reporting that the contrast was the same as the T1's. We're always hearing about contrast variability in Pearl screens. Perhaps the WSJ reviewer got an especially good one.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 09-02-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Replaced redundant verb.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote