View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #46
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
My wife gifted me the KFire for Christmas. I tried it for a week(I always try gadgets out for a week to give them a fair spin) and came to the conclusion I did not like it. It's a real nice looking device but it's not for me. I wanted a real tablet and freedom to read any format I wish as well as purchasing content from any vendor. I had this and more with my nook (CM7) I ended up returning the KFire.

=X=
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismonkey View Post
Why didn't you try to root the KFire like the nook to get those extra features. I have a friend working on rooting the KFire too see if he can get ICS on there. Just for fun.
Yeah, you can run CM7 on the Fire too, and I hear it works pretty well. CM9 is pretty much there too, I hear.
And you can use any reader app you want to read various formats without rooting at all.
And if by "purchasing content from any vendor" you mean "Google Play" then you can do that by rooting, too fairly simply.
So get that Fire back!

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote