View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:18 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaatubar View Post
No, i got that, i sent it off to Sony. I just find the lack of care outrageous, i would understand if they had told me the same if id gone there in 3 month but the fact that they lose interest six days after their commitment is over is just wrong .
Well, my country is not nearly as ... aehm ... civilized ... aehm ... as USA, but if the shop I have purchased the thing in told me to they have nothing to do with my purchase while it was stil under warranty I would call "State Merchant Inspection" on them. And they would be fined heavily.

I buy something in a *store*. They made a hefty profit from my purchase. So it is their responsibility to act as my proxy with the manufacturer / importer / wharehouse / whomever *they* purchased the merchandise from. So I bring it back to the store when it gets broken. If they do not manage to get it repaired or replaced within 30 days I get my money. Simple and easy.

... And by the way, the warranty here in European Union is 24 months.

The company I work for has also a small computer store. The customer brings in a computer with a dead motherboard. He has purchased it 23 months ago and the Tchaiwan manufacturer went out of bussiness ... We still have to repair the computer. Tough luck.

Now that I think of it, this might be the reason everything electronic here in the European Union is more expensive than in USA for this reason ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote