View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 04:01 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
It's just a fact that the implementation of the epub standard is not really up to scratch yet (this is true for both reading and creation software) What bugs me most is the lack of possibility to create or/and view a justified text in epub.
But this book is justified, and it is displayed so if you open it with a browser (using the index.html file), or in Bookworm, or with Openberg Lector (Firefox plugin), or with the Opera Ebook reader widget. So if it's not justified in some other reader, it's entirely the reader's fault.

I gave up most kinds of creation software long ago. I create my eBooks by manually editing the (X)HTML, CSS, etc. files. This gives me greater control of things and I usually get much cleaner code. In this case, creating justified text is as simple as adding in the CSS:

body {
text-align: justify;
}

Now, what none of the readers I've seen support is the Epub headers (the "display: oeb-page-head" property). They are supposed to remove these elements from the normal page flow and either display them as header or just ignore them. But all of them just leave the text in the page, which is not nice at all. (It's the "1.3 — England’s Peril" and similar, after each chapter heading).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote