View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
Frotz
Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frotz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Glad you found a solution. I'm guessing from the overwhelming response to your original response there's not a lot of Pandoc users on here.

Just curious, what sort of project has prompted you to go down this path?
I'm experimenting with book typesetting. Since I use LaTeX for all my papers, I decided to use it for doing book stuff. My objective is to create a single set of files that compiles to both PDF and EPUB without any changes -- just type "make pdf" or "make epub" in the project directory and the LaTeX source is compiled to the desired format. For this most part this works. There are a few pieces of functionality missing from Pandoc: centered text, manual pagebreaks, and sensible chapter numbering among others. I think I've managed to cajole the writer of Pandoc to adopt them.

There is another package that does this, but has a more narrow scope: it's tex4ebook. It's much less mature than Pandoc, but appears to have to potential to more fully support LaTeX. See https://github.com/michal-h21/tex4ebook if you're interested.
Frotz is offline   Reply With Quote