Thread: Gmail new look?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Nothing's changed at my end. Do you find the way the threads are displayed confusing? The way they concertina up. It's taken me a while to get my head around it. No other mail reader works like it.
The new look, if available to you, will make itself available via a little link down on the bottom right of the GMail screen. In "plain" form, I find it a bit too grey and spartan and not delineated enough, but with that "treetops" theme it seems to be a bit more comfortable to look at. There are a few themes to try though, and you don't have to go to the "HD" picture ones of course.

I find the conversation view annoying on the iPad, as it tends to be a bit finicky, collapsing and expanding sometimes in seeming random ways, but that usually only happens when I'm trying to find my way back in a conversation, expanding the stuff I've already read.

FWIW, I think you can eliminate the "Conversation" view if you don't like it...somewhere under the settings area.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote