View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I agree that a lot of the cultural allusions were lost on me even with notes. However I still really enjoyed the character of Peer Gynt and the language (Adelaide translation). I also liked the fact that it shifted so much in terms of time and place. I am very fond of lying, untrustworthy protagonists for some reason so for me Peer Gynt was a good read. I know that I missed a lot in the text but I feel like I still benefited from reading it.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote