View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #345
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
what we NEED to make Ebooks work is good value for the money. which is something tey refuse to give us.

I will not pay $10 or $15 for an ebook. the damned paper print book many times is cheaper than that and I actually OWN IT.

an ebook you can never "truly" own since its ethereal. and that is how it should be priced.

$1 to $3 for an ebook $5 for something truly large expensive or valuable is plenty. 25 cents or less for mags. (I CAN BUY a mag for under a dollar at subscription prices)

They simply want too much money. They want the same retail price of a print book which just means they want magnitudes more profit since a NOT insignificant cost of that book is the materials that go into putting it into your hands.

the cost of putting an ebook into your hands is under a penny and it should be prices accordingly.

I just want it to cost the SAME as a store book and then cut that in half (since your giving me less value for the money)

a Novel is $7 in the store. How much of that is printing paper binding shipping and store profit? subtract ALL of that and you have the actual "worth" of the book.

take that price and cut it in half. THAT is what I want to pay that is what I think would be fair.

ONCE YOU DO THAT then format becomes an issue and the solution is easy. make it simple make it open so people can convert it anyway they wish for any format they wish or any reader they wish.

if a novel was $1 I would not even CONSIDER pirating it (I don't anyway I always buy the hard print for any download I read 100% of the time I have a think for OWNING the actual physical thing)

Make it fair and you will have me. Charge me $9.99 for a DRM'd book that is $3 more than the paperback in the store and you would have to be mad to expect people to jump on that enmass.

Last edited by nerys; 03-02-2010 at 05:48 PM.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote