nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
ahh citation? just google it. Mozilla has nearly 30%

IE has about 60% share

like I said "fickle"

chrome is stating to make a dent at nearly 6%

there is ZERO loyalty to IE. it is PURE convenience and or laziness IE its what COMES with 92% of the computers sold and its what "auto loads" for 92% of the computers sold

so that is what by default 92% of computer sold USE on the internet until the user makes a conscious decision to alter that "default".

Even when they do it "finds" ways to auto load IE now and them so often that I have to firewall block it just to make sure it does not do anything hinky if it does load. its amazing how many things EMBED IE into themselves.

Loyalty is the last term of relevance to Internet Explorer Browser usage.

in fact much of the usage is OVERLAP. you will have firefox safari chrome and opeara users also popping up on the IE list because of its embedded nature in many applications whether the user wants it or not.

hence why its a shockingly even "split" between IE6 IE7 and IE8 ie many people never both to upgrade it because they are using something else.

This fickle nature of jumping from browser to browser is caused by HEY look at my slick new browser so they really have no incentive to "fit" to standards as long as they can draw users.

Hopefully as the net matures that will change.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote