View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm afraid that the historical inaccuracies have caused me to abandon this. The story just wasn't good enough for me to continue with it past the first couple of hundred pages. Being dragged out of the story very few pages because something strikes me as wrong is too wearying, as I then have to check up to see if I was right about the anachronism.

And Claire gets it on with Jamie does she? What about how outraged she was at the mere suggestion she might have been unfaithful during the SIX YEARS she didn't see her husband because of WWII? That just doesn't ring true at all.

I can tell that many here liked it a lot, but I didn't find it worth finishing, and it's rare that I don't finish a book.

Last edited by pdurrant; 02-23-2014 at 09:49 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote