View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #250
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've got it working, here are my thoughts:

I use Calibre to email all my books via Amazon Personal Docs, so I can make use of Last Page Read Sync between Paperwhite, iPad and iPhone. This means that after I send them, the ASIN changes.

To get it working what I do I send the book as normal, then on my PW/iPhone/iPad, I have the book, with last page read syncing working fine.

I then plug in my PW via USB, and use Mobi Meta Editor to check the ASIN that Calibre assigned it when I emailed it. I then drag the .azw from the PW documents folder into Calibre, and use your plugin to generate the XRay .asc file. I then put this in the .sdr folder, and XRay works fine on the PW, and Last Page Read Sync still works across my 3 devices.

I can't help thinking there must be an easier way!

Also, I noticed the following thing when looking at the XRay file, specifically when I choose "Wikipedia Info":

Note the weird:

ad> loc.2>

Also, wouldn't it be possible to the Shelfari and/or Wikipedia lookup automatically, based on the book title/ISBN/etc in Calibre?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote