View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Changing your mind after running the numbers: fine.
Crying foul where there was no foul and generally behaving like the Fifth Imperium shot your dog: well that's unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My admittedly vague memory of a post I read a long time ago is that she approved of the CD being bound in Cryoburn, because they wanted to make that book more attractive to new readers of the series, but that Lois felt uncomfortable with the entire series being out there for free for anybody who had not purchased the Cryoburn book.
That would make a little more sense to me ... but even then ... where was Baen in all this? Would they (the publisher) really grant the Fifth Imperium permission to host the CD images if they weren't certain they had the legal right to grant that permission? I guess I'd sort of like to see Baen come to the Fifth Imperium's defense, here: "yes, we had to ask them to stop making the CD image available at the author's request (which they did), but they did nothing wrong in hosting the cd images—and in fact, had our permission to make them available."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote