View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #134
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
/sys/class/graphics/fb2/properties is not a regular file, it's a named pipe.

To get the serial number you have to echo SERIAL_NUMBER into that file, then read the first line in that file.
Hm, just tried it now allmine is installed on it and it does show real sn (13 digits starting with M), not the one that I put into /system/serial_number - (14 hex digits).

This serial number business is really annoying - the usb device properties have serial number 0123456789ABCDEF on both EE and PE, as result it is not possible to connect ADB over usb to both of them simultaneously. I had to install ADBwireless on EE.

The reason is ro.serialno is empty, ESI did not set up platform properties correctly. The ro.esi.device.sn is set and correct though. I was trying to set ro.serialno using setprop in startup scripts but that did not work for me.

No I have to figure out why EE lost hibernate ability after allmine (ermine?), although I set ro.product.name and ro.product.device to edge
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote