View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #54
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by reduction View Post
I'm trying to use this lovely little program, but I'm getting this error in the Terminal:

ERROR: Cannot unrar archives since Canti couldn't find a compatible unrar program on your system. Please check readme.txt for more details on how to get rar support for Canti.
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.lang.String.isEmpty()Z
at manga.ConvertManga.getFileNumberSuffix(ConvertMang a.java:570)
at manga.ConvertManga.main(ConvertManga.java:1264)

Any ideas? Java is updated. OS 10.5. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
You'll need the CLI unrar program. I'm not familiar with this on OS X regarding binary packages, but the source package is here: http://www.rarlab.com/rar/unrarsrc-3.9.10.tar.gz
Thanks for answering that question. Here is a list of unrar executables that Canti looks for on a Mac:
Code:
/usr/bin/rar
/usr/bin/unrar
/usr/bin/unrar-free
/usr/local/bin/rar/rar
I don't have a Mac so I've never been able to test this myself. Please let me know if there is another unrar executable for Mac and I will add the info to Canti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLight View Post
Would love to see a GUI of this, how do you run it in Windows?
I've received requests from others for a GUI as well. I will try to get, at the very least, an extremely basic GUI out. At the moment I am doing research for another project and also working on speeding up Canti (been working on the speed up for a while... very tricky), so it may be some time before a GUI comes out.

For now, to run Canti in Windows you need to:
1) Download the latest version of Canti
2) Unzip it (will give you Canti.jar and readme.txt)
3) Follow the instructions in the readme.txt file. It will explain how to make a default settings file for your ereader device and then how to run Canti.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote