View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #49
lilman
Addict
lilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-bookslilman has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfearl View Post
Your program makes the image files a way smaller size than Mangle and some of the other alternatives. Like half the size per image.
Are you talking about file size or image resolution? The default Kindle profile for Canti uses the published screen specs of the Kindle, 800x600px at 167dpi. If you are comparing image resolution to other programs, what settings are they using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfearl View Post
Because of the size of the Kindle 3, I need to look pretty closely at some of the text. Your program makes things fuzzier than alternatives.

What setting can I change? Thanks!
You can try setting width and height to -1, which disables image resizing. This will force the Kindle to do the image resizing at the time of viewing for non-optimal resolution images. Zoomed in images will look better, but I'm not sure if this will increase Kindle processing time. Please let us know how it goes.
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote