View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I went ahead and converted the PDF for Calc III into a mobi file to read in the Kindle...it's nothing short of awful. Part of that is the conversion process of course because on my laptop the file looks fine. But just the first page of content, pg. 3 of the actual meat of the book, is all screwed up. The very first graphic is moved ahead of the text, the page itself takes three screens on the Kindle, I see no reason it would be any different on any other 6" screen even if the formatting of the PDF is preserved because one would need to zoom the page down so far as to be all but unreadable. To me zooming around a page is not going to make digesting the subject any easier.

Most modern math texts are designed for a page with at least a 10" diagonal and some even larger...few will be in the 8"-9.7" format but those would not mean a lot of shrinkage and would likely be quite usable in their native PDF format. But a 6" device, not a chance.

If I had more time I would offer some screen captures but I am buried this week, including the trial for the DUI hint and run bastard who wrecked the front end of my vehicle while I dared have it in my driveway off the street then claimed he never even knew he hit it...three eye witnesses though so the DA is sending this POS to jail for criminal DUI Hit & Run. At least he had insurance...but that is going to take a fair amount of time beyond work as he is trying to get out of it...he blew 1.2 when the cops arrested him at his home the same night, about an 30-mins later.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote