View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #599
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
@kiwidude: well, your note was a mere two pages back, so, yeah ^_^;

I now know part of what you mean about VLs being a pain. I thought they were basically libraries built from a saved search, with an entry in library_id and an API to query a book for its virtual libraries (and a virtual library for its books). But after looking around the DB and the code, they seem to be more like saved searches with a separate UI. I also haven't found any API specific to virtual libraries, but I haven't looked very far yet (mostly because Calibre's code is _huge_).

I didn't think about cross-library lists either... I assumed that Reading List would behave the same way with VLs as it does with full libraries. (Although I don't know exactly what that is, since I merged my libraries before I started using RL). But that was when I still thought that VLs had more in common with full libraries than with saved searches...

@Vaesse: I firmly believe that there is no such thing as useless information. For exemple, I now can see a use for a library based on "date:<=7daysago or tags:wip". Yep, I'll go create that one right now in fact...
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote