View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by edembowski View Post
After installing the new driver, the machine booted up fine & the device is visible in 'device manager'. I have a section labeled 'LibUSB-Win32 Devices', which expands with a 'Sony Reader'. When I open properties for 'Sony Reader', it says that the device is working properly.

I'm kind of stuck here. What diagnostics can I use to see what's going on?

- Ed
Are you sure it is the calibre driver that is installed, and not the Sony one? I would just do the following.

1. Uninstall calibre.
2. Remove the device driver lifted in device manager.
3. Install calibre and select the install driver check box.
4. Run calibre
5. Connect the 500 to your PC... it should show up in calibre.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote