View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Bruinbaard
Bruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notesBruinbaard can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch frozen

Hello,

After updating the firmware of my kobo Touch to 2.5.0 (I think maybe higher? auto-update trough kobo desktop) It decided to freeze sometimes. I've had to restart the kobo two times because it didn't respond to the touchscreen or the home button anymore.
The third time even restarting won't help. Now I am stuck with a blank screen with some faded letters on it.

The led on top does still work, it turns green when I plug it in, sometimes flashes blue when I try to turn it on or do a reset through the paperclip hole. And when I do a factory reset by holding the home button while attempting to start it sometimes it flashes red two times.
But it never truly starts to work.

I have fully charged it, connected it to my pc but nothing seems to work.
It is 1 year and 2 months old now so I guess i won't get any help from the amazing customer service kobo offers...(altough i did ask, so lets wait..)

Now I am trying to connect it to my pc to try whether I can do some firmware downgrade or something to fix it. However as you need to push the connect button on the splash green that usually appears when you connect you kobo to a pc (which obviously i cannot do without a working screen..) before your kobo allows your pc to see it as a data storage device. My pc shows no sign of recognition of a data storage device or response to the usb at all, it only charges it..

Is there any way to connect to the kobo without it working? The developers must have some means to do so you'd think?
Bruinbaard is offline   Reply With Quote