View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
GraciousMe
Zealot
GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraciousMe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Time for footnotes

Hi folks

Iīve been away from the forum for quite some time, not up to the latest happenings.

Anyway, my ebook (epub, working with Sigil 0.5.3) is almost done. Now time for the final touch.

I happen to love footnotes, and have a number of them in this book as well.

With an earlier published book (paper) I had them on the side of the page, not at the end, nor UNDER the page.

With ebooks this is totally different, I understand that. Donīt really like the idea of jumping around from chapter to footnotes (+ donīt look forward to the programming..) so I am thinking of simplifying things a bit.

1) Either have the footnote right under the paragraph, in smaller type. Or even IN the paragraph, in smaller type.

2) Rewriting the text so the footnote either goes into the regular text (in a parenthesis maybe), or simply goes away altogether (delete).

Looking for feedback on this.

As I said, have been away from the forum and have lost touch with the niceties of programming...

Thanks.
GraciousMe is offline   Reply With Quote