View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Just got my Iliad, seems if I try installing dillo and that kind of thing there is no warranty.
You still have your warranty if you install 3rd party software (dillio, etc). What you don't get is warranty coverage if the 3rd party software breaks anything. Basically, iRex is saying that their warranty will not cover other people's software problems. They'll still fix their own software, or any hardware issues you have.

Quote:
There is also no usb connector to gert to my computer usb.
The USB connector is on the charger. Did you look there?

Quote:
The wifi can't connect to my home network which works for everything else.
It should be able to if you configured it correctly. What type of wifi router are you using, and what security (if any)? Some people have reported problems getting the iLiad to work on an N router, but it should be fine with B or G routers. I'm using mine at home on a G router with WEP. It works without any problems.

Quote:
Seems it isn't a Linux computer
It is running Linux. What makes you think it isn't?

Quote:
which is what I wanted to experiment with, but a regrettably slow and very expensive, well, joke.

I will try sending it back if I can.
Thanks for the very informative messages here.
It's your choice, but you seem fairly confused and/or misinformed about what the iLiad can do.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote