View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #9
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
If you can wait until 2013, and Canada doesn't give in to the US/EU and bump up their copyright term, it will probably show up for free at PG-Canada. Strictly speaking, Americans aren't supposed to download works that are still in copyright in the US from there, but my view is that I'm not interested in paying a lot of money to money-grubbing estates and publishers. When Faulkner wrote The Sound and the Fury, he expected the copyright to expire in 1986. It's not like he's motivated to write anything else because of the copyright extensions, either.
Yeah - I do start to feel that way myself sometimes. I'm actually a big believer in copyright as an incentive for talented authors to add to the collective pool of literature. But I feel these endlessly lingering copyrights of today are overstepping the limits of what I can accept.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote